Mossley and Carrbrook Partnership
The partnership between Mossley Hollins High School, Milton St John, Micklehurst All Saints, St George’s, Livingstone and Buckton Vale Primary Schools was established in January 2012 and is presently flourishing.
The aim of the partnership was to join up educational thinking and working across the primary and secondary sectors to make learning, progress and attainment from 3-16 as seamless as possible within the communities, for both families and schools.
The schools in the partnership and representatives from their governor bodies collaborate on:
Achievement; Teaching & Learning; Behaviour & Safety; Attendance & Punctuality; Curriculum; Enrichment; Extra Curricular Provision
and Leadership & Management.
The MCSP allows our pupils to:
- Participate in inter-school sports competitions
- Participate in inter-school times tables and spelling competitions
- Have a broader curriculum and wider experiences such as a themed Spanish day
- Learn to play a brass instrument
- Have MFL teaching from a subject specialist from Y2-6
- Enjoy weekly PE lessons taught by a skilled coach
The MCSP allows our staff to:
- Work together to agree assessments
- Share ideas for a better transition between primary and secondary
- Share good ideas and teaching strategies
- Share ideas for further school improvement
- Access joint training and development opportunities
- Have a joint approach to attendance and punctuality
Please click here to view a brief power-point of the partnership’s objectives and approach.
If you wish any further information please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Desirae Webster, Administration Manager, at Mossley Hollins High School
See below for some of the events during 2016 - 2017
Annual Olympics Event
Joint Brass Concert