Equality in School
"The opportunity to be unique, together achieving excellence"
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra curricular opportunities.
- To ensure in all aspects of its work St George’s school celebrates diversity and challenges discrimination and in doing so has a positive impact on shaping the values of its community and contributes positively to all aspects of social cohesion.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences, both in and beyond the school
- To review all policies and procedures relating to the Equality Scheme annually and complete a report for Governors
- To maintain vigilance in school tracking systems to ensure that minority groups maintain expected progress
- To monitor the achievement and attainment of Disadvantaged Pupils to ensure provision matches need and all children make expected rate of progress in English and Maths.
- To take positive action for a more representative workforce
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the policy
Please click HERE to read our full equality statement