PE and sport premium for primary schools - Government guidance - Sept 2016
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
How St George's uses its PE and sport premium
All the sports premium funding from 2014/15 was spent on enhancing provision in the playground with our trim trail. Have a look at our photos
Click HERE to find out about our Sports Premium for 2015/16
Sports Premium Grant 2016-17:
In the academic year 2016-17 our school will receive £8623. The Sports Premium Grant will be used to:
- Employ a specialist PE coach who is employed in all the local schools. This structure means that he will coach the same sport each half term in all schools and then set up local competitions in order to increase participation and success.
- Provide lunchtime sports activities and a long after school club (until 5pm)
- Deliver a 10 week programme called 'Activate' to two classes. This programme combines learning about healthy eating with exercise in order to support children to make healthy choices.
- Provide access to holiday clubs run by an experienced sports coach to all of our KS2 children.
- Improve our equipment and resources for teaching PE.
- Enter teams in a wider range of competitive sport.
- Provide a dance teacher to support the choreography for the Christmas production at the George Lawton Hall
- Provide a workshop run by The Freddy Fit Project to train Y5 and Y6 as Junior Playleaders