Mossley and Carrbrook Partnership
The partnership between Mossley Hollins High School, Milton St John, Micklehurst All Saints, St George’s, St Joseph's, Livingstone and Buckton Vale Primary Schools was established in January 2012 and is presently flourishing.
The aim of the partnership was to join up educational thinking and working across the primary and secondary sectors to make learning, progress and attainment from 3-16 as seamless as possible within the communities, for both families and schools.
The schools in the partnership and representatives from their governor bodies collaborate on:
Achievement; Teaching & Learning; Behaviour & Safety; Attendance & Punctuality; Curriculum; Enrichment; Extra Curricular Provision
and Leadership & Management.
The MCSP allows our pupils to:
- Participate in inter-school sports competitions
- Participate in inter-school times tables and spelling competitions
- Have a broader curriculum and wider experiences such as a themed Spanish day
- Learn to play a brass instrument
- Have MFL teaching from a subject specialist from 32-6
- Enjoy weekly PE lessons taught by a skilled coach
The MCSP allows our staff to:
- Work together to agree assessments
- Share ideas for a better transition between primary and secondary
- Share good ideas and teaching strategies
- Share ideas for further school improvement
- Access joint training and development opportunities
- Have a joint approach to attendance and punctuality
Please click here to view a brief power-point of the partnership’s objectives and approach.
If you wish any further information please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Desirae Webster, Administration Manager, at Mossley Hollins High School
Examples of Events held together
The Big Sing
This event takes place at Mossley Hollins with 180 students in attendance from six schools all belonging to MCSP. All participants start the afternoon with a warm up followed by each school performing. Finally, everyone sings together in a mass performance at the end of the afternoon.
The programme features songs from shows including The Greatest Showman and other songs from the popular music repertoire. This event is now established as part of the programme and a great example of how true collaboration can work at its best between schools from the primary and secondary sectors.
Year 6 pupils joined with Year 8 pupils from Mossley Hollins at the Mossley and Carrbrook Schools’ Partnership (MCSP) Careers’ Event. The event gives the pupils important information about career options, the world of work and job opportunities. The pupils also explore the variety of pathways open to them and find out about the skills that are needed to be successful in further education and the world of work.
Mossley's Got Talent
St George's send 2 acts to participate in the Mossley's Got Talent show held each year at the George Lawton hall.