All children in Reception and Key Stage One are entitled to a free school meal where children in Key Stage Two must pay. Dinner money is paid in advance:
PLEASE NOTE - From September 2021 St George's have been operating a CASHLESS SYSTEM so all dinner money should be paid ONLINE via the School Money website.
We still need notice if a child is to change from packed lunches to school dinners or from school dinners to packed lunches due to the system of ordering meals.
PLEASE NOTE - SCHOOL MEAL PRICES WILL INCREASE FROM SEPT 1ST 2021 TO £12 A WEEK
However, it may also be possible that you are eligible for FREE SCHOOL MEALS IN KEY STAGE TWO.
Free school meals are available to pupils based on the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To do a check, log on to https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-tameside and complete a simple application. Any successful application, will give £1320 per year from the government to school to support your child's learning.
If you need any assistance to complete this, come into the school office on a Friday morning and speak to Mr Harvey.