Welcome to Wren Class
- Write a story based on a picture from http://www.pobble365.com/
- Write a sequel or prequel to your favourite book
- Write a diary of what you do over the weeks off
- Write a set of instructions for a recipe, task or game
- Use https://www.purplemash.com/ to do some of your writing
- Write a report about a place you have been to in the past
- Write a newspaper report about a significant event
- Create your own comic book and illustrate it
- Use this Spring activity book from Twinkl. Answers here
- Any reading you do will help but reading to one another can be a nice way to share a book
- Read some of the assigned books on https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Write a book review about a favourite book
- Write a blurb about a book you have read
- Use www.ttrockstars.com to practise your times table skills
- Use https://play.ttrockstars.com/numbots/dashboard to practise your counting and number bond skills
- Practise addition and subtraction of 4-digit numbers
- Practise multiplying 1 and 2 digit numbers by 10, 100 and 1 000
- Practise finding fractions of amounts
- Practise multiplying numbers up to 12 by 2 and 3 digit numbers
- Practise dividing 3 and 4 digit numbers by numbers up to 12
- Complete the following workbooks from Twinkl on place value, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, times tables and a general Y4 book.
- Use the home learning packs from Classroom Secrets here. Answers and guidance here.
- Use the full range of activities on https://www.purplemash.com/ including 2code, logo and any 2dos that are set.
- Sort and classify different animals into their groups such as mammal, bird, reptile etc.
- Design and make a junk model of a building using recycled materials
- Plan and cook a meal with an adult
- Start to learn a language using a free website or app like https://www.duolingo.com/
- Imitate a famous artist and recreate one of their pieces or create your own in that style
- Learn about a sport that is new to them
- Try some yoga using this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga?pbjreload=10
- If you are learning an instrument at home, learn a new song
- Get moving or relax with the free content on https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Explore a vast range of resources and subjects on https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- Use Yumu to carry on with our music curriculum, instructions for how to access are here
Below are some tasks you can complete with your child, they will be updated frequently and we will try to keep a reading, maths, writing and one other task available.
Feel free to record any work done at home so we can see all
the amazing things you have done when we return to school.
Or you can send them to our Twitter account @Wren_St_Georges.
Download previous days work here:
Wren Class Weekly Timetable
Reading at home in Year 4
Reading in school is only a small part of the reading children do overall so it is vital that they read at home at least 4 times a week and preferably more.
You should have received a reading record, either the same one that can continue to be used from last year or a new one. In this it is important to record the book that has been read, the date, the page number that has been read to. Children can record this themselves and then this can be signed by an adult.
In Key Stage 2 we are going to continue with the reading raffle, children will receive a ticket for the raffle after they have read ten times and had these signed by an adult.
As last year, there will be weekly spellings tests, these will test the Year 3 and 4 spelling list (which you can find below) with ten selected each week.
Times tables will be done frequently in school with all children expected to know all multiplication and division facts to 12 x 12 by the end of year.
The policy regarding homework will be sent home with the first homework task, for clarification, there will be either one piece of literacy or one numeracy each week, sent home on a Monday and due in the following Monday. This is in addition to spellings and learning times tables.
This weeks homework...
Learning times tables is a vital part of a child's mathematical understanding and helps them access so much of the maths curriculum outside of multiplication. As this is so important we have signed up to Times Table Rockstars which is an online game where the children earn coins with correctly answered times tables questions. The link below will take you to the login page:
Why not challenge Mr. Rowlands to a Rock Slam and see if you can beat the teacher!
Grammar Expectations in Year 4