The music subject leads are Mrs Divers and Mrs Knight
Music is taught across the school in different ways:
- using the programmes of study from the Charanga scheme. Click to see an overview
- Y5 and Y6 having brass lessons from an external teacher
- having the opportunity for cello lessons in school time
- participating in the choir which takes part in MCSP and other events such as Young Voices and the GM Celebration Hub concert
- listening and appreciating music during worship
- joining together for key stage productions at special times in the year
- developing singing techniques for singing in worship
AIMS (taken from new National Curriculum 2014)
- To perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
- To learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument, use technology appropriately and have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
- To understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
THIS WILL BE ACHIEVED:-
- By developing children’s musical skills and by allowing them to express thoughts and feelings through music.
- By allowing Foundation Stage children access to instruments and other music during the continuous provision
- By encouraging children to delight in the sense of individual and collective achievement.
Click HERE to see the school music policy